Monday, March 9, 2009

Signs of things to come...

While at a skating party on Saturday, I overheard a little boy say to Pink Dog. "Is that your mother?" PD said yes. He said, "I thought you were Chinese?" PD then removed her glasses and showed him her eyes saying, "I am, see". Now where did she get that her eyes made her Chinese looking. We've never discussed anything like that. I'm wondering how many things she has been subjected to that I don't know about yet. I wish I could wrap my arms around my girls and protect them from the world. Actually, I wish our world would be the kind of place that I wouldn't need to...sigh

2 comments:

  1. I went to help in Olivia's classroom and one of the boys asked me who I was. I said, "olivia's mon." He looked at me for a moment and said, "she's adopted." The second boy that came up to me asked if I was from China! LOL Unfortunately, someday those comments won't be so innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids will be kids, inappropriate remarks will be made but I don't thing (at their age) it's done with bad intentions.

    I think we need to be more cognizant during the teenage years when the 'queen bee' syndrome becomes prevalent and girls can be quite catty if you don't fit in.

    consider this training for the future on keeping your cool and providing your daughters lots of love that will help them be confident young ladies.

    ReplyDelete