Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Papa in the Hospital

Memorial Day weekend was not what we expected. We ended up spending 4 days in the hospital checking out my Dad's heart. On Saturday morning he was cutting bushes at our house when I noticed that he didn't look right. He was having heaviness in his chest. I had him sit down and told Pink Dog to get a cold, wet washcloth. I went inside and called my Mom. She came right over and took Daddy to the hospital. For those that know my Dad, know that he was not too happy about that. Anyway, they admitted him and ran all kind of tests on him, gave him shots in his stomach to thin his blood, etc. On Tuesday morning he had an angioplasty??? They went up the main artery in his leg to look around. They only found 3 small blockages, but nothing major. Thank you God!!! He is being treated with medicine. He is in great shape and very healthy. They had a hard time finding anything wrong with him. I have the same problem.

The girls adore their Papa. We visited him every day. They had to know that their Papi was OK and he needed to know that they were OK.

As you can see, they are very comfortable with him no matter where they are. Papa is back at home now and recovering. We are praying for smooth sailing for a while now.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Deb-I'm so glad your father is recovering well at home now. I will pray that God keeps him strong & healthy.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God they were able to fix the problems while they were still small ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt and Tonni,
    Thank you so much for your comments and your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well with your father now! Sorry to hear about this scare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness everything went well.

    It's visibly clear that grandpa is very dear to the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you Daughter---You are dear to me--

    ReplyDelete